Sunday, September 25, 2011

Note

Tonight is one of those nights, where I believe I need to edit who I surround myself with. I believe, when I lived in the bay I chose very well who I would befriend. Here, I think I was too eager, too desperate to gain acceptance.  I need to re-evaluate, who I'm considering a friend, and really ask myself, is this person going to help me make wise decisions, or going to halter my progress.

I think about this a lot, whether Im making progress or not. I would feel so guilty, if I moved all this way and to learn nothing about myself. I could receive the same education back in California, but I chose New York because it represented a position where I could grow and become more independent. That mission is always on my mind as I make my choices here. I am always trying to learn, to experience something new. If I wanted to be comfortable I would've went to UC Berkeley. I'm here. I'm here to stay. I want to make something of myself here.

No comments:

Post a Comment