Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Bye Bye California

Laying here on the beaches of playa del carmen, it still hasn't hit me that I won't be going back. I had some sentimental feelings the nights prior, but no heartache. No longing.

One thing I know I'll miss is radio. 106.1 KMEL and 102.9 KBLX are so close to my heart. When I drive to work and they're bumping I feel so at home in the bay.

I'll miss the drive across the bay bridge into the city. It's so beautiful, all the lights of the city.

Of course I'll miss my friends and family there. I was so blessed to be surrounded by such beautiful souls while I was back. I'm forever grateful for the new friendships I've developed and the loved ones who shared time with me in the bay. Looking back on my photo albums from this past year I can say I was truly happy.

These past 6 months were my longest time being single. Such an unusual experience. It did lead tithe growth of some amazing friendships, and plenty of new experiences. If I was tied to someone during these times i don't think I'd have had nearly as much fun as I did. But who knows what New York brings. Love? Maybe. Beautiful people? Definitely. We'll see where my heart leads me.


No comments:

Post a Comment