Monday, February 7, 2011

Aiyah

Why can't life be more simple? Because we bring it upon ourselves. We insist on saving face, protecting our pride. I wish people would just be more forthcoming and said what they were actually thinking.

Instead, we live in a culture that perpetuates this confusion. Texting is now the norm, so instead of speaking, letting our voices carry our emotions, we are critical and we overanalyze. Carefully constructing each message so that we protect our own asses. I'm guilty of this myself, and when I catch myself, I want to smack me in the face.

More and more, as I grow older, I see people using alcohol, or some kind of substance, as an excuse for honesty. And there's all those sayings about how when you get a little alcohol the truth really comes out. Etc..etc.. And to an extent I believe this. Mostly because when I get drunk calls I get to hear what I want to hear. And it's nice.

Thankfully V slapped some sense into me. You can be drunk and horny and call me at 230 AM and tell me sweet nothings, but as nice as they all sound, that's not love. That's lust. If you can't say the same things to me sober, it's meaningless.

No comments:

Post a Comment