Friday, July 15, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 (2011)

Sigh. The end of an era. It actually makes me feel pretty sad. I feel like I grew up with Harry. I was at just the right age when the books came out, that I traveled through Hogwarts with him. I have to say this was my favorite of the films. I cried and cried and cried during Fred's death. Damn, that was really depressing. I think I have to reread the books now. I am confused that the film insinuated that Snape was Harry's mother.  Or something along those lines...

Also, I was thrown off by the portrayal of Dumbledore. In the pensieve scene, Dumbledore looks like such an a-hole. Raising Harry like a lamb to be slaughtered at the right time, but shortly after, he's a nice guy again during Harry's limbo scene. I was confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment