Saturday, March 5, 2011

Phil Collins Retires

This is a sad day indeed. I wish I was old enough to have had the chance to see him perform.
The 60-year-old star says he feels it is "a good time to stop" making music, adding: "I don't think anyone's going to miss me."
He has hearing problems, a dislocated vertebra and nerve damage in his hands, all brought on by a lifetime spent hunched behind a drum kit.
The songwriter also claims that listeners have grown "sick" of him and that there is no longer a place for him in the current music scene.
God damn this is so heartbreaking. For such a musical superstar to feel that way. This man has made music that helped shape the way I grew up. For him to feel that he's no longer relevant is unbelievable disheartening.  I know he won't ever see this, but Phil, I will miss you and there is always room for you in my iPod. I think you said it best with "You'll be in my Heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment